How Can We Help?
What are the various user roles available within HomelessData.com and what access does each role have?
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN HOMELESSDATA.COM
HomelessData.com supports the integration of HMIS data provided in the current HUD CSV data exchange format from any source and is a powerful tool for HMIS management and reporting. As HMIS is the record-keeping system for most projects serving people experiencing homelessness, the more data that is on the platform, the more robust the reporting can be.
User roles and permissions need to be flexible in order to meet the needs of a wide range of stakeholders. There are different user roles already established within the platform and each of these roles has a set of assigned permissions. These permissions grant access to both data and to function within the platform in order to protect the clients, whose personal information is contained in the database.
There are a few core roles that are currently available but if there is a clear need to create any new role then it will be added.
Currently Defined User Roles and their Permissions:
- View Data
- Run Reports
- Upload Data
- Manage Users
- Report Creator:
- View Data
- Generate Reports
- Default User:
- No permissions – serves as a “placeholder” when creating a new user account.
Level of Management:
- Data Source (can contain data for multiple regions and multiple organizations)
- Region (can consist of data from multiple sources)
- Organization (can consist of data from multiple sources and from multiple regions)
Additional levels that could be considered for development:
- Project Location (when one project may have several locations)