How Can We Help?
How do I run and submit an APR or CAPER based on the latest guidance?
On January 30th, 2017, HUD announced a data quality framework that will ultimately support all systems for CoC and ESG reporting. The Annual Performance Report (APR) for CoC-funded projects and the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER), required for all ESG programs have been updated.
Data from both the CAPER and APR is now being submitted through an online database – the Sage HMIS Reporting Repository (Sage).
The reports have been updated to do the following:
- Allow CSV imports of aggregate data about persons served;
- Integrate project-level performance data into the body of the report;
- Update the data quality components to be consistent with the new HUD-approved Data Quality framework; and
- Provide programming specifications for population-specific questions, among other updates.
The APR and CAPER reports are live in HomelessData.com adhers to these standards.
Here are the steps to generate and submit an APR, or CAPER:
1. Ensure that the data for the project has been imported into HomelessData.com either by the project / organization administrator or by the CoC lead
2. From the Reports tab, select New then run an APR in HomelessData.com
3. Review the report for accuracy and completeness. If the data needs to be updated, import fresh data and run the report again
4. When the final report generates, “open” it and, select download CSV files
5. This will generate a new zip file of the csv packet. The file does not need to be unzipped but rather downloaded on to your computer
6. Open Sage – https://www.sagehmis.info/ and create and account or log in. You can also test run a report
7. Choose your zip file and upload the data